Certificates of Good Standing

A request for a Certificate of Good Standing must be made in writing and be accompanied by an $20 fee (cash in person or mail a check made payable to "Clerk, United States District Court"). The request must include the following information:

  • Attorney Name
  • Bar Number
  • Date of Admission

Please bring your request to our office, or mail it to:

Office of the Clerk
U.S. District Court
One Church Street, Room B-110
Montgomery, AL 36104

The Clerk will verify the attorney's status as a member in good standing with the Bar of this Court and, if appropriate, will prepare a Certificate of Good Standing. The Certificate will be mailed to the requester, or can be obtained directly from the Clerk's Office.

Please note, a Certificate of Good Standing is not a substitution for an original Certificate of Admission. If you are seeking a duplicate Certificate of Admission, follow the same steps for obtaining a Certificate of Good Standing, but specify that you are requesting a duplicate Certificate of Admission.