General standing orders, local rules and practices, civil and criminal administrative procedures, and multiple types of federal rules can all be found here. While not an all-inclusive list, it is hopefully an exhaustive and very helpful collection of rules you might need to refer to during your time in our court. Specifically, you can find the Alabama Middle District’s local rules and procedures, all in PDF format.
- ALMD Local Rules
- General and Standing Orders in the Middle District
- ALMD Civil Administrative Procedures
- ALMD Guidelines for Civil Discovery Practice
- ALMD Criminal Administrative Procedures
- ALMD Jury Plan
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Eleventh Circuit Pattern Jury Instructions
- Dept. of Treasury - Listing of Approved Sureties
These sample orders are representative of the type of orders or formats used or required by the court. Each judge reserves the right to modify or change an order as may be necessary for the conduct of a case. These samples are provided for information to the bar and the public in general.
- Pretrial Order Format (two versions)
- Judge Thompson's Pretrial Order sample
- Uniform Scheduling Order sample
Magistrate Judge Consent Procedures
- Consent Procedures - Explanation of 28 U.S.C.636(c) consent procedures.
- Notice of Assignment to Magistrate Judge- sent to litigants advising them of assignment of a case to a Magistrate Judge and the right to request reassignment of the case to a District Judge.
- Consent form by a single party- case pending before a Magistrate Judge as presider
- Consent by all parties (AO-085 form) - case pending before a District Judge as presider