Criminal Case Information
Criminal Discovery (cr misc 534)
ECF Administrative Procedures
- Procedures and Practices for Case Management/Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF)
- Attorney Criminal Event Listing
- Judge's E-mail Addresses for Proposed Orders
- Practical Hints on Redacting Personal Information
Q. Why do I continue to receive electronic notices of documents filed in cases where my obligation to represent the defendant has expired?
A. In this district, an attorney who represents a defendant in a criminal case is obligated to represent the defendant through the appeal stage of the case, if an appeal is filed. Upon disposition of the appeal, or expiration of the time for filing an appeal, any attorney who does not wish to receive future e-notices in a case, must file a motion to withdraw as counsel. Notices will be electronically transmitted until there is a court order allowing you to withdraw from the case.
Criminal Trial Terms
Challenges to Admissibility of Drug-Test Results (cr misc 557)
- Guilty Plea Order
- Guilty Plea Colloquy - This is the standard guilty plea colloquy taken from the Judges' Bench Book. Lawyers may use this model to familiarize their clients with what to expect upon entry of a plea. An individual judge may vary the colloquy as required. The Bench Book has not been updated to conform to changes in the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure. Thus, references to 11(e)(1)(A) or (C) sections should be understood as references to 11(c)(1)(A) or (C) sections.
Appointed Counsel (Criminal Justice Act)
- CJA Rates
- CJA Forms and explanation
- Training Events for CJA Panel Attorneys
- Link to Federal Defender AL-M for Procedures, etc.
- Defender Services
- Obtaining Expert & Investigative Funds
Foreign Language Interpreting
- Current Fee Schedule
- Federal Court Interpreter Program
- Need help in locating an interpreter? Call the clerk's office at 334.954.3600 and ask for the Interpreter Coordinator.
Central Violations Bureau
The Central Violations Bureau (CVB) is a national center charged with processing violation notices (tickets) issued and payments received for petty offenses committed on federal property. This site is designed to allow on-line payments of FEDERAL TICKETS ONLY! Click here to see an image of a federal ticket.
Disposition of Habeas Corpus Petitions in Capital Cases (3009)