Civil Case Information
- Procedures and Practices for Case Management/Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF), (3164)
- Civil Administrative Procedures
- Attorney Civil Event Listing
- Judge's E-mail Addresses for Proposed Orders
- Practical Hints on Redacting Personal Information
Guidelines to Civil Discovery Practice in the Middle District of Alabama: HTML | PDF
Please refer to local Rules concerning Discovery:
- 5.1 Non-filing of Civil Discovery.
- 26.3 Form of Certain Discovery Documents.
- 29.1 Stipulations.
- 37.1 Form of Discovery Motions.
Rule 26 Requirements
Civil Trial Terms
Magistrate Judge Consent Procedures
- Consent Procedures - Explanation of ' 28 U.S.C. 636(c) consent procedures used by the court.
- Notice of Assignment to Magistrate Judge - Notice sent to litigants advising them of assignment of a case to a Magistrate Judge and the right to request reassignment of the case to a District Judge.
- Consent form by a single party - Case pending before Magistrate Judge s Presider
- Consent by all parties (AO 85) - Case pending before District Judge as Presider
Sample Orders - These sample orders are representative of the type of orders or formats used or required by the court. Each judge reserves the right to modify or change an order as may be necessary for the conduct of a case. These samples are provided for information to the bar and the public in general.
- Pretrial Order Format (Two types are shown)
- Judge Thompson's Pretrial Order
- Judge Fuller's Pretrial Order
- Uniform Scheduling Order
Post Judgment Interest Rates
The post-judgment interest rate is the weekly average one-year constant maturity Treasury yield for . the calendar week preceding the date of entry of the judgmentEffective December 21, 2000, the rate of interest that may be added to a judgment, subject to the provisions of 18 U.S.C. §3612, 28 U.S.C. §1961, and 40 U.S.C. §258(e)(1), shall be equal to the weekly average 1-year constant maturity Treasury yield.
To obtain the most recent rate, the Federal Reserve provides a table of Selected Interest Rates. The applicable rate may be found by scrolling down to the section entitled: "US government securities - Treasury constant maturities - 1-year." The most recent rate is found under the column headed "Week Ending ____." Earlier rates may be found in the table at the following site: http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/H15/Current/.
Historical rate data as published by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System are available at: http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/H15/data.htm.
Disposition of Habeas Corpus Petitions in Capital Cases (3009)